Have you always wanted to feel like you’re making a real difference in people’s lives? To work in a supportive environment with room to learn and grow? If you are a natural team player who takes pride in their work, a career at Opto-mization is just what you’re looking for. From helping kids be able to read and believe in themselves, to getting adults back to work and life after a concussion, or giving seniors the depth perception and balance to keep them safe. Every member of our team from our doctors to the admin plays a critical role in helping the people we serve.
About Us: We specialize in Nero Visual Performance lead by Dr. Cameron McCrodan and Dr. Scott Irvine. Visit our website to find out more information on what we are about and also visit the TedX talk “Overlooking our vision” and you’ll quickly see the passion with which we do our work. This is not your typical Optometry office.
Our office is a place we enjoy being and our culture is based on 5 fundamental values:
- Team Player
- Pride & Passion in our work
We are looking for a Full/Part time team member to join our administrative support team. At Opto-mization, we want our administration to be friendly, qualified, and knowledgeable as they are dependent on for key communication for all parts of our company. Your career with us will not be your typical administrative support 9-5 job. You will learn a whole new world of vision, receive new skill sets and grow with us as we continue to support those who need us the most. We value a genuine connection.
What we are looking for:
- Organized with attention to detail
- Quick problem solver
- Effective communication
- Enjoy a team environment
- Enjoy learning
- Knowledge in word, excel and computer skills are a necessity
- Knowledge in medical and optical office is an asset
- Jane App billing system experience is an asset
- Greeting clients
- Answering a multi switchboard phone system
- Efficiently answering patients’ questions and requests
- Booking appointments for multiple departments
- Taking payments and balancing cash
- Editing and sending reports
- Optical pre-testing with patients
- An understanding of medical and optical terms
- Timely responding to emails with multiple requests
- Filing, faxing, scanning and inventory management
- Patient and 3rd party billing (DND, ICBC, Lawyers ect)
- Opening and closing of the clinic
- Other duties as requested
- Cleaning and tidying the office
- Hours 36-40 per week
If you are interested and feel like you would be a great fit, please forward your resume, cover letter and references along with the answer to this question “Where is our other office located?”
Thank you for taking the time to learn about our opportunities and we look forward to meeting you.
Expected start date: Open
Job Types: Full-time, Part-Time
- Annual Health Spending account after 6 months
- Investment in your career development/education and growth
- Parking and Travel expenses
- Optical Benefits
- Bonus Structure
COVID-19 considerations:We pride ourselves in keeping our staff safe. We have put in safety precautions and follow the government guidelines for Covid-19.
A final note: Opto-mization is a growth company, which means that the role is always changing as the company grows and expands. To be happy at Opto-mization requires a level of comfort with development and dynamic roles.