Full/Part Time Optical Assistant
Have you always wanted to feel like you’re making a real difference in people’s lives? To work in a supportive environment with room to learn and grow? If you are a natural team player who takes pride in their work, a career at Opto-mization is just what you’re looking for. From helping kids be able to read and believe in themselves, to getting adults back to work and life after a concussion, or giving seniors the depth perception and balance to keep them safe. Every member of our team from our doctors, optical department to the admin plays a critical role in helping the people we serve.
About Us: We specialize in Nero Visual Performance lead by Dr. Cameron McCrodan and Dr. Scott Irvine. Visit our website to find out more information on what we are about and also visit the TedX talk “Overlooking our vision” and you’ll quickly see the passion with which we do our work. This is not your typical Optometry office.
Our office is a place we enjoy being and our culture is based on 5 fundamental core values:
- Team Player
- Pride & Passion in our work
Opto-mization Neurovisual Performance is looking for a full-time or part-time individual to join our Victoria Optical team. We value a good fit over experience, but relevant experience in the optical world is like gold.
Duties will include:
- Frame styling and lens selection
- Dispensing of eyewear
- Handling phone and email correspondence
- Customer support and service
- Product entry and returns
- Eyewear adjustments and repairs
- Performance testing
- Hours: 32-40 hours per week including Saturdays
- Room to grow!
What we are looking for:
- Experience in optical knowledge is preferred but not necessary
- Experience in customer service and sales
- Detailed-orientated and tech-savvy
- Friendly and professional appearance and manner
- Positive and team-oriented
- Problem solver
- Reliable, self-motivated and excited by fast-paced work
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and answering “Besides Victoria, where is our other location?” Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls, please.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about our opportunities and we look forward to meeting you.
Expected start date: Open
Job Types: Full-time, Part-Time
Salary: $36,480 – $40,320 = $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Annual Health Spending account after 6 months
- Investment in your career development/education and growth
- Parking and Travel expenses
- Optical Benefits
- Bonus structure
COVID-19 considerations:We pride ourselves in keeping our staff safe. We have put in safety precautions and follow the government guidelines for Covid-19.
A final note: Opto-mization is a growth company, which means that the role is always changing as the company grows and expands. To be happy at Opto-mization requires a level of comfort with development and dynamic roles.